Coinbase Pro offers relatively cheaper fees compared to Coinbase but getting your head around all the different charges can be a challenge. In this post we explain what are the fees on Coinbase Pro and how to minimise or even eliminate them.
There is no fee for signing up to Coinbase Pro, it is free to create an account. If you have a Coinbase account already you can use those details to logon. If you are a new user you can use this link to create an account and will be credited with $10 worth of free Bitcoin when you buy $100 or more of Bitcoin
Trading fees apply when you buy or sell a Cryptocurrency. There are two ways to trade on Coinbase Pro either by being a market maker (limit order) or a market taker (market order) which option you choose will affect the fees you pay.
Market orders are the most straight forward to understand since you simply buy or sell at the current market rate, these trades have a fee of between 0.1-0.3%.
With a limit order you specify the price that you are willing to buy or sell at. By making an offer to the market to buy or sell at a certain level you are a market maker, which means that you are charged zero fees. To learn more about the difference between market and limit orders take a look at our Coinbase Pro Tutorial.
Some methods of transferring funds into your Coinbase Pro account incur charges
- Cryptocurrencies – To deposit cryptocurrencies to your Coinbase Pro wallet there is zero fees
- Bank deposit – A standard bank transfer will take several days to reach your account but has zero fees
- Wire Transfer (USD) – To get funds quicker, US customers can use a wire transfer but will be charged $10
- SEPA (EUR) – European customers using a SEPA transfer will be charged EUR 0.15
Coinbase Pro Withdrawal Fee
When withdrawing funds out of Coinbase Pro fees also apply
- Cryptocurrencies – To transfer to a wallet outside Coinbase Pro there is zero fees. See our wallet search tool to find suitable cryptocurrency wallets.
- Bank deposit – zero fees
- Wire Transfer (USD) – $25
- SEPA (EUR) – EUR 0.15
When making transfers between Coinbase and Coinbase Pro there are zero fees
Coinbase Pro Fee’s Summary Table
|Trading Fees||Limit Order
Bank Transfer (ACH)
Bank Transfer (ACH)
Trading On Coinbase Pro with no Fees
In summary you face three potential types of charges in Coinbase Pro for deposits, trading and withdrawals. If you take a look at the fees table above you will notice for each fee category there is a zero fee option. So if you are looking for how to avoid Coinbase Pro you will need to:
- Deposit – via bank transfer (ACH) or transfer Bitcoin to your Coinbase Pro wallet
- Trade – use limit orders
- Withdrawal – via bank transfer (ACH) or transfer Bitcoin to your wallet outside Bitcoin Pro
If you are a new user sign up use this link to get $10 of free Bitcoin.